Thursday, May 18, 2006

Creating Buzz

posted by Eric Pargac at 12:18 PM
So here I am in the middle of the swarm. It's the marketing "hell week" that comes well before the typical production hell week. This is the time when the artwork needs to be created and the postcard design needs to be finalized, our On Stage Now website link needs to go up with a link to buy tickets, posters and banners need to be printed, all our ticketing resources need artwork...basically everything to market the show becomes due right around the same time--NOW! And not only am I the Marketing Director for the company, but I also do all the company's graphic design for print and the website. I've been working way into the night. It's exhausting, but exhilarating at the same time. I really love graphic design and when it's going well I get almost as much of a rush as performing on stage.

Our artist Valerie Meijer created the artwork based on a concept we came up with, and I did the text and graphic layout. Valerie is a fantastic artist. She has done the artwork for all our productions. I think it's really exciting and captures the essence of the show. That said, I am proud to show you the design for this show.

Here she is:



Also, check out the On Stage Now page on our website.

I have to get back to work.
-eric

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a very cool layout for Back of the Throat!!!! Nicely done, Eric and thanks for the shout-out! ;)

V

9:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home