Friday, January 09, 2009

Vincent Takes Action!

posted by brad at 12:03 PM
Here is a great email we received from Furious patron Vincent Estrada. We wanted to share it, not because of what it says about our company (although very nice to hear), but because it is a great testimonial/case for choosing to take action and responsibility by supporting the arts above and beyond the price of admission.

Subject: A Furiously proud Thank you!

Dear Furious Theatre Co.,

I wish to express my thanks to your theatre company for providing such awesome entertainment.

I came across Furious Theater back in early 2007. I received a flyer in the mail for An Impending Rupture Of The Belly with Eric Pargac looking rather frustrated and deadly. The flyer design was reason enough to attend so I took a chance and purchased two tickets for a performance.

I enjoyed the performance so much that I attended twice more, each time with a different friend. We were all greatly impressed.

Despite my hectic schedule I’ve made it a rule to attend every new performance since ..Belly. Shame on me for missing two of your last holiday performances. The call of labor and education was rather loud for me to avoid.

I did send a donation last month but after receiving your email today I went ahead and sent over an additional donation. I trust you will make your goal as there are many Angelenos who appreciate your art and enthusiasm. We will all dig extra hard into our moth nibbled pockets for loose change.

Your theatre group should be applauded. I feel too many of us applaud you silently and expect someone else to offer monetary support. I offer you hearty applause for always making me feel welcome and a part of the intimate proceedings. Indeed, when I read about Damaso Rodriguez and Nick Cernoch participating in a play at the neighboring Pasadena Playhouse recently I felt proud. Almost like you would for a member of your senior class or a neighborhood friend.

Happy New Year to you and yours,

Respectfully,

Vincent A. Estrada


Thank You, Vincent!


Join him in supporting Furious by clicking here. Contributions of all sizes make a difference.

1 Comments:

Blogger pasadenapio said...

That's a very nice gesture.

I don't think I told you that I added you to my blogroll. I discovered your blog while poking around your website in anticipation of Furious Theatre's participation in our 2009 State of the City event.

7:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home