Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Hello from Furious Intern Landry Allbright

posted by Nick Cernoch at 10:54 AM

My name is Landry Allbright and I’m this summer’s Furious intern. I’m a rising sophomore and B.F.A. Acting major at Emerson College in Boston. It’s my third week, and I have to say, this internship is pretty awesome. I am beyond excited to be a part of the team behind Furious Theatre Company. The other day, I was typing up some handwritten notes from an April company meeting and the goals discussed put a whole new layer on the multi-tier cake of respect and admiration I have for Furious.

After stumbling across the listing on the LA County Arts website, I applied for this internship. Shamefully, I knew very little about Furious so I did research all over the internet and only found things which highly appealed to me. After my first phone interview with Nick (Furious General Manager and Ensemble Member), I gained immense excitement for the position. Several emails and another interview later, I was hired!

For the last two weeks I’ve been working on what we like to call FUNdraising through several different mediums including our Furious EBay Auction. (Be sure to check it out!) I’ve also been working hard to help expand our presence on social networking sites, etc. (Take this survey to help us out if you haven’t already!) Probably the coolest thing I’ve gotten to do is attend the awesome first read thru of The Pain and The Itch last week; this show is definitely a must-see. Don’t miss out! Tickets are on sale now.

I’ll be hanging around here basically being mini-Nick Cernoch for 8 more weeks. I’m already sad you can only hold this position once, but don’t tell anyone.

1 Comments:

Blogger GPH said...

Why not make "Furious EBay Auction" a link to the site?

: )

12:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home